Stray Dog Capital is a Venture Capital firm that invests in exciting early-stage startups in food, food technology, synthetic biology, and cellular agriculture. We are a leader in our field and provide capital and resources to accelerate the growth of talented entrepreneurs who will have an outsize impact on the marketplace. We pride ourselves on bringing a diverse point of view to the venture capital space and to our team composition.
This position will assistant in managing the schedules, meetings, and communications for a key executive. Some of the responsibilities will include prioritizing emails, screening phone calls, managing documents, conducting research, greeting visitors, coordinating travel, and managing expenses. This position must be detailed oriented, punctual, highly organized and have excellent time management skills. Part of this job includes handling highly sensitive information and documents.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of experience in administrative support functions
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with a strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and social media web platforms
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- In-depth knowledge of writing and messaging practices for business correspondence, public relations, advertising, marketing, and social media
- Great project management skills, including time management and prioritization
- Good data analysis, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability with online, print and creative tactics to conceptualize, plan and execute successful communication plans
- Ability to communicate well, both orally and written
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – highly skilled in creation of PowerPoint presentations
- Working knowledge of graphic design software
- Outstanding interpersonal skills – ability to comfortably interact with people at all levels
- Interest or experience in agriculture, science, or food space
- Role Base Compensation: $45,000-$55,000 and includes generous time off, medical insurance, 401 (k) and pet insurance benefits
- Diverse applicants are welcome!
- We are open to remote work arrangements for strong performers
- Ability to make significant impact due to small team size and dynamic, start-up environment
- Working Environment: Our extended team has a dynamic, friendly, fun, and constructive environment. We pride ourselves on having an inclusive and thriving culture and team